We have been sitting at home for the past few months and experimenting with different cooking skills. I am sure many of you have mastered the art of cooking in this quarantine.
Yet, there might be few of you who don’t like cooking or are just interested in eating food rather than learning more about it through cooking and trying different recipes. Or someone who doesn’t have much time to look through recipes or anything due to work or a crying toddler, etc. So here we bring a solution for all of you with an updated Instant Pot review.
What is an Instant Pot?
Instant Pot is an electrical kitchen appliance that is becoming popular day by day. It is a multi-tasking appliance that does the work of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, sautéing, steaming, etc. All instant pots come with different technical features.
How does an Instant Pot Work?
Since there are different instant pots with different features so they all work differently. If your meal has veggies in it or if you have to caramelize your onions, instant pot allows you to saute them. Then you can add the shreds of lean beef, pork, or whatever protein you are using and put the lid. After you put the lid, the steam will do its work. The steam will help cook the food and the pressure will build inside which will allow it to cook faster.
Some instant pots come with smart built-in options such as buttons for making soup, roasted chicken, veggies, cake, etc. It’s different than stove pressure cookers since the pressure inside it will enhance quick cooking. You can even cook a brisket in less than an hour which adds to its bonus points.
Where to Buy Instant Pots?
You can get the best quality and most affordable Instant pots on Amazon. Amazon is one of the biggest online retailers in the world. Amazon always has offered going so you can easily avail discounts. Usually, Amazon offers discounts and huge deals on Prime Day, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday.
Here we have evaluated some of the Top-rated Instant Pots in 2020 ranging from cheaper to high-end pots with top-notch quality:
Best Instant Pots-2020
1. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 V2, 6-Quart, Electrical Pressure Cooker
This is one of the Top-rated Instant pots with the best features. Amazon is having around 20% discount on this pot which is a steal deal. It comes in an affordable price range.
It comes in three different sizes i.e. 3, 6, and 8 Quart which means they have options for all types of families. This is a 6-Quart cooker which has a capacity of 5.7 liters. It provides a cooking pot, steam rack, and a lid. Cleaning is so easy with this Instant Pot since all the equipment is dishwasher safe.
It has seven features i.e. sautéing, food warmer, yogurt maker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, and steamer. It performs all the functions smoothly and quickly.
You can set the timer if you need and there is an option of keeping your food warm until you need it so it will hold the temperature until then. It comes with 14 smart built-in options that make it easier for you to select.
- It can cook big batches of food
- Can cook a big roast chicken
- Takes less space on the kitchen counter
- Safe to use
- No settings to make cakes
2. Instant Pot Duo Mini, 3 Quart
This comes with 7-in-1 features of Instant Duo. It’s the best Instant Pot for a single person or a couple. It is made up of stainless steel and it is easy to clean as its dishwasher safe.
It has 11-one touch programs with smart technology. You can connect the pot with Bluetooth on your phone as well.
- Compact design
- Affordable price
- Small for a big family
3. Instant Pot Lux, 6-Quart, 6-in-1 Electrical Pressure Cooker
It is a multi-functional pressure cooker with 6 different features. It comes with a steam rack, cooking pot, 2 Spoons (a rice ladle and a soup spoon), and a measuring cup.
All the components are dishwasher safe so cleaning is easy. It comes with 12 built-in programs with smart technology.
- Good design
- Safe to use
- The steam rack has too much space in between so couldn’t steam small things like vegetables as they would slip from it.
4. Instant Pot Duo Plus, 6-Quart, 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
It comes with 15 one-touch programs including options for making cakes and eggs in minutes. It can cook a meal for up to 6 persons.
Amazon is currently having a discount on this pot so you have to try it out.
- Easy to clean
- The 9-in-1 feature is a win-win
- Allows to make cakes within minutes
5. Instant Pot Ultra, 10-in-1 Electrical Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart
This Instant Pot offers 10 features i.e. Steamer, Saute, rice cooker, pressure cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, sterilizer, cake maker, food warmer, and egg maker. It also has an option for releasing steam.
It can pressure cook for up to 6 hours. The components included with this pot are steam rack, cooking spoons, cooking pot, and a measuring cup.
- Around 11 safety features
- Stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
6. Instant Pot Smart WiFi, 8-Quart, 8-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
This Pot comes with Smart WiFi control, hence you can connect your pressure cooker to an Instant Pot app on the phone or Alexa. The app provides over 750 recipes and even saves your previous recipes which you try.
It comes with two spoons, a condensation collector, a measuring cup, a steam rack, and a cooking pot. However, It is made of stainless steel. It comes with 13 one-touch programs and 6 quarts capacity. If you purchase it from Amazon, you can save up to 13% off your purchase.
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Does the work of 8 appliances
- Use of WiFi
- Might be a bit difficult for beginners
7. Instant Pot Duo Nova, 7-in-1 Electrical Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart
This Instant Pot comes with 14 built-in smart programs and other safety features. It does the work of seven appliances. Moreover, It comes with an easy-seal lid that traps the aroma and moisture of your food inside.
It has a quick one-touch control system which makes it easier for beginners to use. It can cook for up to 6 people so it’s a good pick.
- Easy to use
- Stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes with a bonus sealing ring
- Might be small when cooking for huge parties
8. Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus, 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6-Quarts
The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus comes with 48 programmable presets. It is a multi-cooker that does the work of 9 appliances. Also, It comes with a sleek and modern design.
It is an upgraded version of Instant Duo with more features. It has an LCD to check the cooking process. Connect it with your phone through the Smart Instant Pot app for exciting recipes.
- Dishwasher safe
- Sleek design
- You will have to cook multiple batches for a big family gathering
9. Instant Pot Max, 9-in-1 Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart
It includes a steam rack and a condensation collector. It has the USP of home pressure canning food in a safe way. Also, It comes with an automatic steam release system that makes it easier for you to cook.
Furthermore, It has a huge display and touch controls that make it easier for beginners to use the pressure cooker. It has new features i.e. 15PSI and Nutriboost Technology that helps to cook food faster and in a delicious way.
- Good design
- Takes time to reach high pressure
10. Instant Pot Aura Pro, 11-in-1 pressure cooker, 8-quart
It has a detachable cooking pot made of stainless steel. This pot comes in an oval design which is a unique design in pots. It has 11 built-in one-touch programs that will help you prepare your dishes only with one-touch.
All the parts are dishwasher safe so cleaning is easy. It also has the automatic function to keep your food warm.
- A non-stick pot which will allow good sautéing
Pros and Cons of Purchasing an Instant Pot
- Cooks fast and quick
- Saves time
- Cooks food like meat quickly with the same tenderness and juicy taste
- Doesn’t heat the kitchen which is one of its admirable quality
- Few instant pots have the option to keep your food warm
- These pots perform the functions of 7to 10 appliances in one device
- You do not have to stand there while it’s cooking
- You can use Smart Instant Pot app to keep an eye
- Best for working moms with crying babies since its less time- consuming
- Makes almost all the recipes
- Can make cakes within minutes
- Safe to use unlike stove pressure cookers
- No occurrence of accidents
- Convenient for someone who doesn’t enjoy cooking
- Dishwasher safe hence saves your cleaning time
- Quite affordable
- They are not always instant
- Some of the models take time to heat up
- Might have technology problems
- Not suitable for large family gatherings
Factors to consider when buying an Instant Pot:
- Always check its size according to your kitchen counter
- Check its capacity according to your family or persons
- Keep in check with discounts and deals on Amazon.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do instant pots explode?
No, they come with multiple safety features that reduce the chances of explosions. And they have a lid which seals the steam inside to keep your food tender and avoid any accidents.
Q. How long does it take an Instant Pot to pressurize?
It depends upon different models as they have different features. Typically, it takes around 15 minutes to build the pressure.
Q. Does steam come out of the Instant Pot?
There is a sealing ring or lid provided with the pot which you should seal properly to avoid any steam flowing out. It keeps the steam inside maintaining the taste and aroma of your food.