I see you want to get fit. 😉
We all know the fact, exercise is a lifestyle and it should be the basic rule of thumb for everyone. Since a lot of us still working from home due to lockdown, it reduces our outdoor activities and makes us lethargic. Well, I can count myself in one of them.
But, let’s break this excuse! Recently, I figure out to work out at home with good pair of shoes and a treadmill. I found out my source of motivation as well and it doesn’t cost me much.
In this blog, I will discuss the best treadmills under $500. So stick around and pick one of them for your home work out.
Best Affordable Treadmills Under $500
Here’s the list of top-rated treadmills that you can buy for under $500.
1. Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
This one got an overall 4.1 stars on Amazon along with 5 out of 5 reviews after 2 years of usage from the customer. Also, stand out in the best seller category. Why people loved it too much because of a couple of reasons. It offers an innovative 2-IN-1 folding treadmill which is more effective as compared to ordinary treadmills.
It has a 2-in-1 superfit treadmill that has 2 modes to meet your different sports needs. You can fold the riser and use it as a jogging machine at a speed of 1-4km/h, so you can do other things while walking.
- The 2-in-1 treadmill can be used as a desk treadmill and a running treadmill
- Multi-layer shield design and sturdy steel frame make it shock-absorbing and noise-reducing
- LED display clearly shows time, speed, distance, and calories, monitoring your movement data in real-time
- Adjust running speed with the remote control to reach the intensity best suits you
- A high-performance speaker delivers a clear stereo experience by playing music through Bluetooth
- Safety key ensures that the treadmill is stopped immediately in an emergency
- Built-in transport wheels make it easy to move and store
- Out of the box, no installation is required
- The support arms are screwed in and once attached
- The treadmill is no longer collapsible without removing the cover and it requires a screwdriver
2. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Series
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 treadmill series features 6 personal trainer workouts, 2-position manual incline, and comfort cell Cushioning. That’s how it becomes the perfect choice for people who are looking for losing weight or increasing strength and performance.
And the good thing about this tool is that it has been designed by a certified personal trainer so you can enjoy a great workout with maximum output.
- Easy to assemble. It may take two people to install the bottom 4 bolts
- It is collapsible
- Digital read includes calories burned, the time elapsed, distance, and mph as you run
- It has a Thumb Heart Rate Monitor
- Inclining the treadmill is as easy as lowering the back two feet.
- The entire treadmill wright around 150+ pounds that is more than one person alone can carry
- Replacement would take a minimum of 5 to 6 working days.
3. UREVO 2 in 1 Under Desk Treadmill
The UREVO 2 in 1 Under Desk Treadmill is best-fit to burn extra calories and achieve a healthy lifestyle. Its unique design allows you to adjust yourself to everywhere it has the benefits of shock absorption and the convenience of exercising in your own home wherever you want. As far as the assembly is concerned, the UREVO 2 in 1 is virtually assembled out of the box.
- It produces low noise during the workout
- Its lightweight and easy design allows you to adjust it anywhere you want
- Offer shock absorption
- Comes with free installation
- Offers widened belt
- Saves energy consumption
- The speed adjustments are not robust
4. Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Treadmill
The Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill is built with 9 workout programs. Including, handrail controls, and a phone/tablet holder that will add comfort and accessibility during any workout routine. It contains a soft drop system that will assist you when unfolding the treadmill and result in avoiding a big slam or damage to your wood/carpet floor. It comes with a digital monitor that tracks your speed, time, distance, pulse, and calories which makes it easier to track your fitness goals.
- It provides a 2.20-Peak HP drive system that provides speeds of 0.5 – 9 MPH along with 3 manual options
- Designed for a max user weight upto 220 lb
- Easy folding mechanism
- It comes up with the handrail controls that allow you to control speed, start and stop.
- You can also measure the pulse rate
- Easy transportation with wheels carrying at the bottom
5. Merax Electric Folding Treadmill
Merax Electric Folding Treadmill has been optimized for convenience and efficiency that has powered up to a 1.5HP motor. The entire design is sturdy and reliable enough to withstand long-distance running sessions and has the capability to up to 240 LBS. The attractive feature of this treadmill is it has 12 various preset programs, which alternates between high and low-intensity workout sessions.
- Super fast and easy to assemble
- It has folding boasts that have a compact footprint with convenient transportation wheels to move around without hassle
- Multi-functional Display to track your performance in time, speed, distance, and calories burnt with speaker
- Convenient shortcut buttons
- High-temperature resistance
- Energy consumption
- Might face clicking/ticking noise
- Screen get scratches if not protected
6. Bigzzia Motorised Treadmill
Want a treadmill that is small in size, portable, and can adjust into small places? Well, this treadmill is just for you. The Biggzia treadmill has a speed range from 1 to 10 km/h and allows you to adjust it with the help of remote control. It also manages to tell about important data like time, burnt calories, etc. An important feature of this treadmill is that it doesn’t produce noise and it is built in such a way that it provides comfort to your knee, back and muscles.
The Biggzia motorised treadmill is almost 300$ in Amazon and is one of the best treadmills for office/home use.
- Is portable
- Simple but functional
- Speed upto 10 km/hr
- Good price
- The motor warms up after a significant amount of time
- Short cable
7. LSRZSPORT 2 in 1 Foldable Treadmill
If you want a treadmill for walking or for brisk running only, the LSRZSPORT 2 in 1 Foldable treadmill is just for you. It saves space and has an adjustable two-position incline. The treadmill is rated for users up to 240 lb, so it is suitable for people who are overweight.
An important feature of this treadmill is its tread belt that is 16.7 inches wide, this is just like the treadmill in commercial gyms. This treadmill also has safety handles with accurate heart rate sensors using the thump plate option.
- It is under desk treadmill with speaker and LED display
- Wide tread belt
- Sophisticated design
- Long safety handles
- Shock absorption system
- Not suitable for serious elites
8. CITYSPORTS Treadmill
Everyone wants to be fit and healthy, but some may not want an ultra-powered treadmill. If you want a treadmill that can save your space and tell you your burnt calories, the CiITYSPORT treadmill is just for you.
Not only does it have Bluetooth integrated speakers but it also has a child safety lock which changes the game for this treadmill. This treadmill has an easy-to-access LCD display with other options to help you save space. You can adjust your speed with the provided remote control. This treadmill should be rated as the best treadmill in terms of safety.
- Child Safety Lock
- Don’t make noise
- Easy to move and store
- Provides only speed range of 6 km/hr
9. Sportstech F10 Treadmill
Do you want to start being fit and healthy but you can’t go to the gym due to lockdowns? Why not start your journey from home by using the Sportstech F10 treadmill. It’s among the best treadmills for starters. This treadmill has a speed range from 1 to 10 km/hr and has 12 pre-programming options to set you on the run. The main feature which is quite prominent in this treadmill is its Smartphone App control and its weight allowance of 120 kg. It is also provided with a multi-layered belt to protect the knees from intense workouts.
- Easy to store
- User friendly
- Doesn’t make noise
- Narrow surface belt
- Issues in the power adapter
10. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
If you want to be fit and you don’t know what treadmill you should buy, well this treadmill is just for fitness beginners. The XTERRA TR150 has a large walking space that accommodates many users, be it tall or small. The heart sensor installed in this treadmill is EKG heart rate rather than the thumb plate option. It has 12 pre-set programs and 3 manual inclined settings. It also has an integrated accessory holder suitable for keeping any necessary material you want close by.
- Wide running board
- One-year Warranty
- Suitable for both tall and small users
- Accessory desk but no water bottle holder
- Lack of automatic power off ( switch it off from the back)
- The treadmill lubricant is not available easily
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long should a treadmill last?
It depends on the manufacturers, if we look into the records the average life of a treadmill is around 10 years. However, it depends on your usage as well if you set up the treadmill properly and lubricate the belt; it would extend the life of the treadmill.
Q. What should I look for when buying a treadmill?
Following are some factors that you should consider while buying a treadmill:
- Belt size
- Weight and size
Q. Do treadmills use up a lot of electricity?
On average, a treadmill uses between 600 and 700 watts of energy. As treadmill ages grow, it can consume 30% more energy as compared to earlier days.
So, we have listed the top 10 best treadmills that you can buy for under $500. I hope this listicle helps you in making the right choice and you can lead to a more robust lifestyle.
It would be great if you can share your favorite treadmill or which one you are going to buy from this product.